1. Boil the chopped cauliflower in a large pot until it is tender enough to mash with the back of the spoon, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the cauliflower well then use a salad spinner or paper towels to blot excess water. Set aside.
2. Reconstitute the arame sea vegetable in water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a blender or food processor, add the cauliflower, coconut milk, arame, and rest of ingredients through black pepper (all except olive oil and lettuce). Puree for 1 minute then drizzle in the olive oil as it purees until it comes together like dressing. Season to taste, adding more or less acidity with the lemon juice, or cheese flavor with the nutritional yeast.
Notes: This flavorful Caesar dressing compensates for the lack of anchovies with arame sea vegetable, easily found in the Asian section of your supermarket or specialty food store. The cauliflower when pureed provides a fantastic base for the seasoning with traditional Caesar dressing ingredients.
Cannellini Herb Croutons:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and place on baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Roast beans for 20-25 minutes until the beans have split open. Cool before serving.
Wash and quarter lengthwise two heads of romaine lettuce, taking care to dry well with a paper towel. Brush cut side with a little olive oil and place on a warm grill. Grill for about 5 minutes per side until outermost leaves are slightlyt wilted.
Serve with generous amounts of Caesar dressing on top and finish with croutons. Serve extra lemon wedges on the side.