A healthy alternative for breakfast that is free of the top allergens.
Ingredients: 3 large ripe bananas 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free or regular) 3/4 to 1 cup sugar free dried fruit (homemade or store bought; I used dried cranberries) 1/3 cup apple sauce (homemade or store bought) 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions: 1. Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Add in dried fruit, apple sauce and vanilla.
2. Mix well and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Please do not skip this step as the oatmeal needs to soak up all the moisture to bind the ingredients together.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Drop cookies by the teaspoonful onto a parchment lined baking sheet. With the back of a large teaspoon, flatten the cookie flat into a round shape.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
6. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before eating. Store in a tight lidded container for up to a week in the fridge.
Read the ingredients, call the company and check the tags!
We provide our recipes search function as a free service to the community, and while we do our best to make sure all the recipes our members submit are properly tagged with respect to the ingredients inside, it's critical that you confirm that they're safe for you! Thus, while we invite you to use our search filters as a starting point, by using this service you agree that you are responsible for determining which foods are safe for you and/or anyone for whom you prepare foods found on our site, including reading the ingredients for all products used therein, and contacting the manufacturers directly to confirm that each food has been manufactured in a way that is safe for you. We do our best, but we cannot assume responsibility for any errors of omission or comission in how our recipes are tagged or identified.
Find more recipes & know-how for the diets & health issues that matter to you!