Easy and delicious gluten-free scones that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
Ingredients: 2 cups King Arthur All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup butter, melted 1 egg, separated 3 Tbsp honey 1/3 cup buttermilk (or 1/3 cup milk + 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice)
For topping: 2 Tbsp sugar 1 tsp cinnamon
For glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar 3 Tbsp milk 1/2 tsp vanilla
Instructions: 1) Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
2) Separate egg white and set aside. In a different bowl, combine egg yolk with buttermilk and honey. Once mixed, add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Dough may seem a little crumbly and/or dry, this is fine.
3) Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Form dough into a rough ball and set in the middle of the pan. Using palms or a rolling pin, spread dough out into an approximate 8-inch wide circle (about 1/2 inch thick). Cut the dough into 8 equal slices and separate slightly.
4) Whip the separated egg white until frothy and peaks form. Spread this on top of the dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of scones.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
6) Mix powdered sugar and milk to form glaze. Spread on top of scones. Serve warm.
Special ingredients:no dried fruits, no fresh / raw fruits that don't get cooked by the end of the recipe, no fermented / pickled foods, no seeds, no beans / legumes / pulses, no meat / poultry, no alcohol
Just right for...:Comfort food, Holiday Sweets & Treats
Top 8 allergens?:gluten-free, soy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, nut-free, peanut-free