|The Adventures of Anti-Wheat Girl|
I received a nomination for Anti-Wheat Girl and I think the note they left really sums up who she is really well:
At the beginning of last year, almost no one had heard of "The Adventures of Anti-Wheat Girl," or AWG, a blog started by Priyanka Chugh, who has Celiac Disease. Now, however, she's amassed a hearty following: an active participant in the gluten-free community on Twitter and Facebook, Priyanka has also been a gluten-free pioneer on Tumblr, Freedible, and Pinterest. In the past year, she has been a staunch activist not only for those with Celiac, but also for the entire gluten- and allergen-free community, having her writing on the subject featured on Freedible, Taste Guru, and in the Huffington Post. Most importantly, Priyanka uses the power
that comes with such a following in the best way possible. AWG publishes recipes and reviews, but goes above and beyond, too. Through a birthday campaign, Priyanka was able to raise $833 for CHOP's Celiac Center. She spreads the love, showcasing other bloggers and their accomplishments, and, through her Gluten-Free Voices series, shares the experiences of others.
Now let me tell you why I love Priyanka, the Anti-Wheat Girl:
- She's positive and always open to conversation. I've enjoyed speaking and sharing with her.
- Let's talk about how empowered she is. She's taken her diagnosis created sheer positivity and action.
- Her passion to spread education and not hate. That's something I can back 100%!
- She raises awareness by fundraising and featuring others on her blog. She's all about spreading awareness across the board.
- Priyanka takes us through her life and shares her experiences with us. It's always awesome to learn from others.
Get your Gluten Free Super Hero on at The Adventures of Anti-Wheat girl:
Remember that you are responsible for you. Read the full disclaimer.