½ cup shortening (we like Spectrum Organic)
1⅓ cup cup sugar
3 Tbsp light-flavored oil (we use Pomace)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2½ cups Little Aussie gluten free flour
¾ tsp guar gum
1½ tsp salt
¾ tsp gluten free baking powder
Vanilla icing glaze (get the recipe here)
Natural vegetable food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, and oil.
3. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Blend until creamy
4. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and guar gum. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Roll the dough on a clean, floured surface to a ¼ inch thickness.
6. Use Halloween cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
7. Carefully place the cookies onto a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
8. Sprinkle with sugar or leave plain for decorating later with icing.
9. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges brown slightly.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool.
12. Decorate to your heart’s content with spooky Halloween themes!