Instructions: 1. Cube 4 oz of cold butter and place in a large bowl with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix.
2. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until the mixture is the consistency of coarse cornmeal.
3. Add ice water as needed until the mixture forms a consistent and well-hydrated dough.
4. Form dough into a rectangle and wrap well in plastic wrap. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Meanwhile, shape the remaining 8 oz of butter into a wide, flat rectangle (about 5×8-inches).
6. Wrap in parchment paper, then tightly in plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Remove dough and butter block from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature until butter is just soft enough that a fingertip can make a dent in it with moderate pressure.
8. Roll the unwrapped dough between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper to a square twice the size of the butter block.
9. Remove the top layer of plastic or parchment from the dough and unwrap the butter block. Place the butter block in the center of the dough square.
10. Fold the top and bottom edges of the dough over the butter, then fold in the sides.
11. Place the butter-filled dough in between two clean pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
12. Roll the dough into a long rectangle about 10 x 16-inches.
13. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using the bottom layer of plastic wrap or parchment to assist in moving the dough, fold the bottom third of the dough up towards the center.
14. Fold the top third of the dough down to meet the bottom of the first fold. This is one complete “fold.”
15. Roll the dough into a long rectangle about 10 x 16-inches. Repeat a second fold, wrap the dough securely in plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours. Two folds have now been completed. Repeat the double-folds three more times for a total of 8 folds, making sure to chill for at least 4 hours between each double-fold.
16. The gluten free puff pastry is now ready to use. Follow a specific recipe’s instructions for precise shaping and baking instructions.
Special ingredients:no dried fruits, no fresh / raw fruits that don't get cooked by the end of the recipe, no fermented / pickled foods, no seeds, no beans / legumes / pulses, no dried / ground spices, no meat / poultry, no alcohol
Just right for...:Elegant evenings, Crowds/parties, Holiday Sweets & Treats, Easter Favorites
Top 8 allergens?:gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, nut-free, peanut-free
Read the ingredients, call the company and check the tags!
We provide our recipes search function as a free service to the community, and while we do our best to make sure all the recipes our members submit are properly tagged with respect to the ingredients inside, it's critical that you confirm that they're safe for you! Thus, while we invite you to use our search filters as a starting point, by using this service you agree that you are responsible for determining which foods are safe for you and/or anyone for whom you prepare foods found on our site, including reading the ingredients for all products used therein, and contacting the manufacturers directly to confirm that each food has been manufactured in a way that is safe for you. We do our best, but we cannot assume responsibility for any errors of omission or comission in how our recipes are tagged or identified.
Find more recipes & know-how for the diets & health issues that matter to you!