1/4 C Cashew Milk Unsweetened
1 C Gluten free all-purpose flour (plus more for sprinkling)
1/3 C Brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp Ground ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cinnamon sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
2 Tbsp Molasses
3.5 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger (grated)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 370 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredient until combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the melted coconut oil, molasses, cashew milk, fresh ginger, and vanilla.
4. Using a spatula, slowly work the wet ingredient into the dry. It will be thick to start but keep folding the dough with your spatula until smooth. If your dough seems too dry, add some additional cashew milk one tablespoon at a time.
5. Once the dough is smooth, transfer it to a lightly floured surface. If making cutouts, roll the dough out until about 1/3” thick (for softer cookies) or under 1/4” thick (for crunchier cookies). Place the cut cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. If making round cookies without a cookie cutter, roll the dough into a long cylinder and slice off cookies at your desired thickness.
6. Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a bit more cinnamon sugar (optional) then bake at 370 degrees for 8 -14 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and serve with a cold glass of dairy free milk!