Looking for a light and fluffy sweet summertime dessert? Our Strawberry Shortcake recipe will satisfy your cravings.
Ingredients:1 box Ardenne Farm Yellow Cake Mix
1 stick of butter, softened
2 large eggs
2/3 cup of milk
strawberry-flavored gelatin (and the amount of water the package calls for)
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan with a nonstick spray.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs to combine. Add mix and milk to bowl then mix on low until incorporated. Scrape sides of bowls and continue to mix for 2 minutes on medium.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
4. Prepare gelatin according to package directions, but do not refrigerate.
5. Poke holes using the bottom of a wooden spoon into the cake. Pour the liquid gelatin evenly over the cake and place in the refrigerator.
6. Once cooled, spread whipped topping evenly on top of the cake and let refrigerate for a couple of hours. Top with strawberries, if desired.
Special ingredients:no dried fruits, no fresh / raw fruits that don't get cooked by the end of the recipe, no fermented / pickled foods, no seeds, no beans / legumes / pulses, no dried / ground spices, no meat / poultry, no alcohol
Just right for...:Great for kids, Crowds/parties, Spring favorites, Summer favorites, Holiday Sweets & Treats, Easter Favorites
Top 8 allergens?:gluten-free, soy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, nut-free, peanut-free
Read the ingredients, call the company and check the tags!
We provide our recipes search function as a free service to the community, and while we do our best to make sure all the recipes our members submit are properly tagged with respect to the ingredients inside, it's critical that you confirm that they're safe for you! Thus, while we invite you to use our search filters as a starting point, by using this service you agree that you are responsible for determining which foods are safe for you and/or anyone for whom you prepare foods found on our site, including reading the ingredients for all products used therein, and contacting the manufacturers directly to confirm that each food has been manufactured in a way that is safe for you. We do our best, but we cannot assume responsibility for any errors of omission or comission in how our recipes are tagged or identified.
Find more recipes & know-how for the diets & health issues that matter to you!