We've touched on this topic in a peripheral way in our posts on Relationships and Food Free Entertainment, but we wanted to give this topic its own post because of the prevalence of food with socializing in our society, and the complications that can cause if you have food allergies.
When you develop a food allergy in adulthood, and then have to re-learn how to eat and how to cook, you suddenly realize how much of your social life revolves around food. Looking back at the last six months or so, and at the events I have coming up, most had/or have something to do with food:
- Family wedding
- Meeting my mother's new friends at a restaurant
- Work holiday party at a Chinese restaurant
- Family holiday celebration
- Going out to eat for birthday dinners
- Gatherings at friends' homes, where people all bring food
To read more of this post, visit us at Surviving the Food Allergy Apocalypse.