Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese SandwichLife of a Vegaholic/Valencia Barnes
This Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese makes a great healthier alternative to the good ‘ole American classic that's dairy-free and gluten-free.
Ingredients: 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield to about 3-4 cups of riced cauliflower) 1 egg, lightly beaten ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 2 slices of Go Veggie Vegan Cheddar Singles (I don’t like gooey grilled cheese, so feel free adjust the amount of cheese to your personal preference)
Instructions: 1. Preheat oven at 450 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Rice cauliflower in food processor. (I used a chopper and was able to successfully rice the cauliflower.)
3. Transfer the riced cauliflower to a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
4. Place cauliflower in a towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can out of it.
5. Combine cauliflower, egg, salt, pepper, and mix well.
6. Spread cauliflower mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and shape into 4 squares.
7. Place in oven and bake for about 16 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove and cool for 10 minutes before peeling them off the parchment paper (be careful when peeling so you don’t break them)
9. Heat a pan over medium heat and add oil to pan.
10. Place on slice of bread in pan, place a slice of Go Veggie Vegan Cheddar on bread, and top with a slice of cauliflower crust bread.*
11. Gently flip and and cook on the other side.*
*You are going to perform step 10 & 11 twice to make 2 sandwiches.
Special ingredients:no dried fruits, no fresh / raw fruits that don't get cooked by the end of the recipe, no fermented / pickled foods, no seeds, no dried / ground spices, no meat / poultry, no alcohol, no grains
Just right for...:Great for kids, Comfort food
Top 8 allergens?:gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, nut-free, peanut-free
Read the ingredients, call the company and check the tags!
We provide our recipes search function as a free service to the community, and while we do our best to make sure all the recipes our members submit are properly tagged with respect to the ingredients inside, it's critical that you confirm that they're safe for you! Thus, while we invite you to use our search filters as a starting point, by using this service you agree that you are responsible for determining which foods are safe for you and/or anyone for whom you prepare foods found on our site, including reading the ingredients for all products used therein, and contacting the manufacturers directly to confirm that each food has been manufactured in a way that is safe for you. We do our best, but we cannot assume responsibility for any errors of omission or comission in how our recipes are tagged or identified.
Find more recipes & know-how for the diets & health issues that matter to you!