Here are answers to some frequently asked questions to help you develop your freedible recipe contest:
How do freedible's recipe contests work? Who can sponsor one?
Any freedible member can sponsor a recipe contest! This includes food brands, organizations seeking to raise awareness of particular dietary requirements and more.We've designed our recipe contests to be extremely flexible, so you can tailor them to your brand's needs. You can select the theme or eligibility critiera, submission deadline and prize, and you pick the winner. All we require is that recipes must be submitted via the freedible cookbook and must include at least the full ingredients required to make it, along with either step by step instructions or a link to where those instructions have already been posted online.
How will freedible users find out about my recipe contest?
The following promotional services are included in our typical recipe contest packages; contact us about tailoring our package to meet your brand's needs and budget:
•Designated landing page with your contest rules, deadlines and logo along with the image of your choice
•Landing page can include a display module streaming contest submissions
•Integrated promotion on our social media platforms
•Announcement of your recipe contest in our newsletter
•Can be combined with a Brand-Curated Recipes Collection
What can I do to make my recipe contest a success?Every contest is different but here are some general rules of thumb:
- Make your recipe requirements specific. For example, require that eligible recipes use one or more of your brand's products, or that they exclude particular ingredients so they work for a particular set of diet restrictions.
- Pick a concrete prize for your contest, and provide a (high resolution) image of it if possible. If not, please send us a great description!
- Post information about your contest on your freedible profile, and also on your Pinterst boards, Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts. The more you promote your contest on your other social media platforms, the more of your loyal fans you will be able to communicate with using freedible's unique, diet-specific platform.
- Reach out to your brand champions and the bloggers with whom you have a relationship and encourage them to participate in the contest to help generate momentum and bring their high quality recipes into our cookbook for other custom eaters to find.
- Cheer your participants on! See a new recipe submission that meets your requirements? Send them a message on their freedible profile thanking them, and follow up with a tweet.
- Join a freedible group for a diet restriction that is particularly relevant to your products and post a link to your contest in the group discussion section, encouraging them to participate - and to help taste-test the results!
What's the fine print?
- You, as the contest sponsor, have sole responsibility for choosing the winner, in accordance with the published contest rules, and for promptly providing them with the promised product.
- All recipe submissions must be made by 12:00 midnight EST on the date of the deadline specified.
- Any edible or otherwise consumable goods provided as a prize must be provided in unopened, grocer-ready packages.
- You accept full responsibility for communicating openly and honestly with all contest participants about the ingredients and any potential cross-contaminants in your products.
- You accept any and all liability that may arise from the prize you provide, including whether any prizes are suitable for a given user or for that user's dietary restrictions.
How can I set up a recipe contest for my brand?
1. Create your free profile on freedible.
2. Email us your proposal for a branded recipe contest. We will be in touch with an invoice and any further details we may need to get your contest up and running.
3. Return your invoice to us with payment information and we'll add your contest to our calendar!