From mid-August to mid-September, freedible will be inviting our community to join in a series of special events to help raise awareness of what it's like to grow up with food restrictions and the many ways it affects custom eater kids at school. Because there's nothing like a story to turn a tray of cupcakes into top-8 free compassion.
If this is a passion you share - or if you've dried one too many "but mommy, I couldn't eat it" tear at school - we'd love for you to join us as a Back to School Ambassador! After all, together we can reach so many more families, educators and school room movers and shakers than freedible's tiny team can alone!
You don't have to commit a lot of time to volunteer - here are some of the ways you could help:
- Post about the event on your Facebook page and encourage other families with food restrictions to get involved;
- Watch for our social media postings (which we'll share in our B2S Ambassadors group, too) and help us get the word out to your friends and followers;
- Contact the food brands you love and encourage them to participate in our Back to School Giveaways Extravaganza starting this Labor Day weekend;
- Check out our collection of back to school resources, stories and posts and then encourage your favorite bloggers to add their own back to school posts to our collection to support families like yours;
- Reach out to other freedible members and encourage them to participate in our special awareness events for Back to School!
- Have other ideas? Send us a message - we'd love to hear them, too!
To sign up, just login and join our B2S Ambassadors group and let us know how you'd like to help!
Thank you - our kids are counting on us all!
Cheryl & Rebecca