Help us bring the community together, as a Winter Holidays Host!
When it comes to a party, the host is the one who invites us over. Brings us all together. Takes our coat and introduces us around.
That's the idea behind our Holiday Hosts, too! We're inviting our Holiday Hosts to help us invite more custom eaters to join our holidays party, welcome our "guests" when they arrive and be a co-host to the web's one and only Winter Holidays Celebration for Custom Eaters!
How to sign up:Sign up by joining our special Winter Holiday Hosts group, where you can share ideas with other members about how we can spread the word about freedible's special Winter Holidays Celebration and the unique resources our community has put together to support custom eaters for the holidays. Then download our special Holiday Hosts badge for your blog or Facebook page!
What's involved:What you make of it! Being an official host is easy and it doesn't have to take a lot of time - like co-hosts at a real world party, we wanted to encourage our members to reach out to your friends, family and follower to encourage them to come by the celebration and to make them feel welcome once they arrive. And, it's a great way to build your own community within the freedible platform!
Here are some ideas of what you could do as an official Holidays Host:
- Email your friends and family to tell them about our campaign.
- Share our campaign on your FaceBook page, Twitter account or Tumblr blog, pin it on Pinterest and spread the word on any other social media accounts you have.
- Encourage your friends and family to post a recipe in our Virtual Cookie Exchange - even if they don't follow any eating restrictions themselves. Explain how this helps to bring families together for the holiday and that it's okay if it has common allergens in it since there are literally hundreds of foods someone might need to avoid!
- Send a friend request, suggest a relevant blogger and generally check in with your friends and family once they sign up on freedible to help them find their way around.
- Comment on any recipes, photos or stories your friends and family share, right from our activity stream.
- Post a status update on our community page with an "@" mention to welcome your friends to freedible, and include an @mention to some of your other favorite freedible peeps to introduce them.
- Host a chat on the freedible community stream! Tell folks when you plan to be logged in, and then share holiday tips and stories, answer their free-from baking questions... however you want to build community!
- If you have a blog, tell your readers about our special holidays celebration!
Is there a badge I can put on my blog or Facebook page?
Yes, please! To show our thanks, we'll send you a special "freedible Holidays Host" badge that you can put on your website, facebook page or other online spaces and we'll display your avatar as a "Holidays Host" right on our main Winter Holidays page!
Thanks, everyone -- we built freedible for the community, and would love your help to bring the community together during this festive time of year!
All the best,
Cheryl & Rebecca